When a death occurs, many people are unsure of what steps they must take in planning the funeral. The following is intended as a brief guide only. Our Staff can assist you throughout the entire arrangement process.
- Determine whether the deceased has made prearrangements or has left a will.
- Notify family and friends of the death.
- Write obituary notice.
- Choose cemetery or memorial location.
- Select casket, vault and/or urn.
- Determine date and time of funeral.
- Choose type of service (religious, fraternal or other type).
- Notify clergy, if involvement desired.
- Gather clothing and jewelry.
- Notify casket bearers.
- Find special readings, biblical passages and music.
- Choose floral arrangements.
- Select charity to receive memorial gifts (if appropriate).
- Determine type of monument or marker.
- Choose registry book, memorial folders, thank-you cards, etc.